Thursday, February 15, 2007

It’s been about a week since I’ve updated this blog, and I have a lot to cover.

On Friday, I celebrated my last day at Widgets. Overall I think I had a positive experience there, and I definitely learned a lot. There are many things that I wish they did differently, but on the whole I’m glad I got the chance to work there.

On Saturday, 2/10/07, I flew to St. Louis for a gig there. The gig went well, and I had a great time overall. I made it back to the hotel at 3am. At 7:15am on Sunday I had to get up to catch my flight. When I got home, I had to prepare all of my things for packing on only 4 hours of sleep. I crawled into bed around 11pm.

On Monday, the packing crew showed up and packed everything I owned into boxes for the movers. I went out to Punch pizza one last time with a few friends. I will miss my friends and Punch pizza very much.

On Tuesday the movers showed up with a massive semi-trailer. They packed everything, and then loaded the Miata in the back. Right before they left, they mentioned that there was a mistake with the date I was told for delivery, and that they’d be there the next Tuesday instead or Monday. Unfortunately, I am supposed to start work on Tuesday. I called the movers, and they apologized for the mistake. They assured me that my stuff will show up on Monday, and that everything would be ok. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

On Wednesday I was supposed to fly out, but Burlington, and the entire east coast, was hit with a major blizzard. It was the 3rd worst blizzard in the history of Burlington. About 2 and a half feet of snow fell on Wednesday 2/14. My flights were canceled, and I spent an extra night in Minneapolis.

On Thursday at 3:45am, I woke up to get to the airport for my 6am flight to BTV via ORD. The flight was uneventful, but a little bumpy on landing due to 30mph wind gusts. After I checked into the hotel, my landlady called to tell me that she couldn’t meet me at my new apartment because her car was buried by the snow. She asked if I could swing by her house instead to pick up the keys. When I got there, I offered to help dig out her car. Afterwards she offered me a cup of tea and told me all about her job at the University and her daughter that just graduated from college this past year, now teaching English to kids in China.

After I picked up the keys, I went to the apartment to check it out. You can see the slideshow here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/20886023@N00/sets/72157594538239256/

Here’s a video walkthrough:

I had to go to Home Depot to pick up a shovel to dig out my own sidewalk. I also picked up a TV for the cable guy to use when installing cable at my new apartment tomorrow.

That’s all for now, I’ll update the blog with more stuff in a few days!

1 comment:

cvelo said...

Glad to hear that you made it safely to your new home (despite the snow). Thanks for the video -- those checkered floors rule! :-)